Health and Safety
Safety is a priority for McGraths Limestone
and we are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for employees, contractors and visitors when on our sites.
The Company aims to eliminate all work related injuries and illnesses and provide all reasonable resources to achieve this. The company Health & Safety policy was devised to ensure we comply with all regulatory legislation and ensure all daily operational procedures are carried out in a safe working environment.
We actively pursue the policy by
- Devising yearly and monthly strategies and action plans with quantitative targets for health and safety improvement
- Visible and active Management Commitment
- The individual contribution of each employee, in particular those of safety
- A comprehensive and continuous employee training program
- A continuous improvement policy involving regular review of safety procedures and systems of work
McGraths Limestone also has a dedicated Health & Safety Officer who advises management and employees, and ensures that Safety remains a primary focus at our sites. She also coordinates our OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management System and conducts regular safety audits and tool box talks with staff to ensure safety remains a number one priority at McGraths.
We are committed to providing adequate training to ensure all our employees are competent to carry out their work in the safest manner possible.
We are committed to maintaining safe and healthy working conditions, providing and maintaining plant, equipment and machinery in a safe condition.
It is the aim of McGrath’s Limestone to prevent work related accident and incidents, and to provide adequate control measures in order to minimise risks arising from work activities.
We are NSAI certified to OHSAS 18001:2007