Insist on the best high calcium lime from one of the best reserves of limestone in Ireland and save money on total effectiveness
We are one of the top producers of agricultural ground Limestone in the West Of Ireland with a TNV (Total Neutralization Value) of 98.5% and ENV (Effective Neutralizing Value) of up to 60%.
Our product is tested twice annually by the Dept. Of Agriculture, Food & Marine which in turn provides us with a license to sell the product. We are also members of the GLPA (Ground Limestone Producers Association) and a registered supplier of the Grolime certified trademark. We supply, deliver and spread in the Connacht region.
Not all Agri Lime is Equal
Ensure you are getting a quality lime material, it is important to know:
- Particle size of the ground limestone
- Neutralizing ability of the material. Expressed as the total neutralizing value (TNV).
- The rate at which the liming material neutralises the soil. This is how much of the material reacts and how fast it reacts to change the soil pH.
TNV-This is the percentage of the material that can neutralize acid expressed as the calcium carbonate equivalence (CCE) of the product. This standard compares the liming material to pure calcium carbonate (CaCO3). The higher the TNV the purer the limestone.
For Grassland Soils a Target pH of 6.3-6.5 is required for optimum growth
Why is Liming Necessary?
- Increase or maintain soil pH – Grolime has a pH of 8-9
- Optimises nutrient availability
- Better microbial activity in the soil.
- Earthworms are more active in a neutral (i.e. 6.0 – 7.0 pH) environment
- Supplies essential elements of Calcium & Magnesium – Calcium essential for plant growth and palatability of grass
- Improves drainage and soil aeration as lime causes flocculation – small particles of soil stick together forming larger particles
- Increased organic activity in the soil
- Releases more nutrients from organic matter in the soil
“Our milk solids sold per cow to September 30th has increased over 7% with 2 less cows than last year. This was achieved with no increase in meal fed and a decrease in nitrogen use. Slurrycal is helping in that nitrogen reduction. We are seeing a better response to slurry in terms of grass growth and a marked increase in clover in our fields; in some cases where clover had all but disappeared from paddocks. The power in the slurry is allowing us to reduce our chemical nitrogen use which encourages clover growth and the cows are responding in the milk tank I am very impressed with Slurrycal and am delighted that we made the switch to it”.
Paddy Farragher has being running an agricultural contracting business for over 52 years and he has being an agent for McGraths since the 1970's delivering and spreading McGraths Grolime in many areas of south Mayo and north Galway.
"The farmers we deal with who spread McGraths Grolime find a significant improvement in their pasture. There are several key reasons for this- McGraths Grolime is a quality product which tests have shown improve fertilizer availability to the crop. It also improves the root structure of the plant, the drainage and aeration in a well limed soil is better due to more earthworm activity, but more importantly it is the unique fine texture of McGraths Grolime that contributes highly to positive results for farmers. I have working with McGraths over many decades and together we have delivered a prompt and reliable service and have built up a relationship and reputation with many satisfied customers "
Liquid Lime Interview
Mid West Radio, June 2016