Are you ready to kickstart your career in an exciting field that’s always changing?
If you’re someone who is curious about how things work, thrives in a hands-on environment, and want to earn while you learn, then the Lab Research and Innovation Technician Apprenticeship could be the perfect fit for you.
A Fusion of Learning:
Imagine spending the next 3 years not just in a classroom, but also in a real lab; discovering, testing, and making things happen. At its core, this apprenticeship is a fusion of on-the-job training and academic study. Working in our new state of the art Research Lab in Co Mayo, your tasks will encompass testing, sample collection, calibration checks, and more. The academic dimension complements the hands-on experience, ultimately leading to a degree in material/concrete technology.
Learning in Action:
Your responsibilities as a Lab Research and Innovation Technician Apprentice will be multifaceted:
- Sample Collection, Logging, and Archiving: Collecting samples of materials for testing, maintaining accurate records of samples, and organizing their archiving.
- Calibration Checks: Performing regular calibration checks on laboratory equipment to ensure accurate and reliable results.
- Data Analysis and Interpretation: Assisting in the analysis and interpretation of test data, contributing to the understanding of material characteristics.
- Product Improvement and Optimization: Identifying opportunities for improving and optimizing material products based on test results and observations.
- Construction Experience: Some experience in the construction field would be advantageous,
- Organizational Skills: Being well-organized with excellent attention to detail, which is crucial for maintaining accurate records and ensuring precise testing procedures.
- Documentation and Best Practices: Completing tasks, documenting procedures, and adhering to best practice standards within the laboratory environment.
- IT Proficiency: Proficiency in using Microsoft Windows applications, including Excel, Outlook, and Word, to manage data and communicate effectively.
- Team Player: Collaborating with colleagues and building strong relationships within the team and across different departments.
This apprenticeship program offers a comprehensive learning experience for individuals interested in the field of material technology and laboratory research. The combination of hands-on training and academic study provides apprentices with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the industry.
When you finish, you won’t just be ready for a job; you’ll be ready to make a difference.
For more information or to apply, please contact us on 094 9553900 or email [email protected]